Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 1 hour is best
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 small sticks of celery, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 450g lean minced steak
- 1 tbspn tomato puree
- 2 tbspn flour
- 2 large glasses red wine no doubt you will have plenty of that knocking about
- 300mls Passata
- pinch dried oregano
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 300mls approx, strong beef stock
- Heat the olive oil and add the onions, celery, carrot, garlic and oregano and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the mince and bay leaf and break up with a wooden spoon cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the flour to soak up the juices.
- Add the tomato paste, passata, wine and salt and pepper and cook over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Finally add the stock and bring to a very slow simmer, then cook for 1 hour very slowly.
- Re season and add a touch of milk serve with spaghetti that is just cooked.