Simple cooked spaghetti, with a brilliant green simple, tasty sauce made from frozen peas, vegetable stock, fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil, topped with Mozzarella. The end result is surprisingly good, trust me.
- 300g raw spaghetti, this will give you 900g cooked
- 200g pancetta, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock cube
- 100mls boiling water, roughly
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 300g fresh Mozzarella
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until just tender then drain and keep hot.
- Heat the pancetta in a frying pan until light and crispy, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook the peas in plenty of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, grain and keep warm.
- Pop half of them into a liquidiser or crush with the back of a fork.
- Add the olive oil and blitz or mix, gradually adding enough vegetable stock and boiling water to give you a nice sauce like, green puree.
- Add the mint to the pasta, along with the remaining whole peas, cooked pancetta and garlic.
- Next add the hot pea sauce and season well. Stir well, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced mozzarella mix well.
- Serve with a simple tomato salad and garlic bread.