Tuna steak, lightly oiled, seared or grilled, served with a houmous style red kidney bean salad with fresh lime.
- 4 x 150g frozen (defrosted) tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large fresh limes
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained
- 300g houmous
- 2 cloves garlic
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tsp dried paprika
- Place the drained beans, houmous, garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil,salt, pepper, parsley and paprika in a blender.
- Blitz until you have a nice pur̩e, then spoon into a bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and the juice of 1 lime.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet.
- Lightly oil the tuna steaks, season well with salt and pepper, then fry for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook the other
- side. The tuna should be nice and pink in the middle.
- Serve the tuna steaks on warm plates with a large dollop of houmous and half a lime.