Make Mother's Day Special
- 250g plain flour
- 200g strong white flour
- pinch of salt
- 70g stork margarine
- 25g baking powder
- 70g castor sugar
- 250mls buttermilk
- A egg beaten
- Optional to serve: clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C, gas 7
- Rub the flour, salt, margarine, baking powder, sugar together. Gradually add the buttermilk, the mixture should be quite wet. Remove from the bowl and bring together. Roll out and cut 10 7cm x 3cm deep scones. Place on a baking tray and cover with cling film, leave for 15 minutes.
- Brush with milk or beaten egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well-risen and light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice in half, thickly spread with jam and clotted cream.