Have you ever roasted a leg of lamb? It sounds intimidating, but the leg of lamb is actually one of the easiest, most fool proof cuts of meat to cook.
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) leg of British lamb
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6.
- Puncture the leg of lamb all over with a small, sharp knife.
- Salt and pepper really well.
- Sit the leg on scrunched-up foil in a roasting tin. Drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wrap in foil and rest for 30-40 minutes. This will give you a perfectly cooked, pink leg of lamb.