A rich and delightful alternative to a traditional pasta dish.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500g venison mince
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300mls red wine or port
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 500g cooked pappardelle pasta
- Place the oil into a saucepan and heat.
Add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- Add the mince and break up well.
- Cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat and veg start to brown well.
- Add the red wine and reduce right the way down until you only have about 1/3 rd of the original volume.
- Next add the oregano, tomato paste, stock cube, tomatoes in juice and water and cook for 35-40 minutes slowly.
- Once cooked thicken slightly with the cornflour and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve spooned over warm pappardelle.