Perfect with slow roast Pork
- 500g rhubarb, cut into 2cm chunks
- 50mls cold water
- 100mls white wine vinegar
- 100g castor sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the rhubarb well and place into a stainless steel pan.
- Add the water cook over a gentle heat until you have a thick stew.
- Liquidize then pass through a fine sieve.
- Then add the castor sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar to the sauce and bring to the boil.
- Cook down gently until the sauce is thick, similar to double cream, this will take about 15-20 minutes.
- serve warm over pork and crackling.