Love this dish, the use of drumsticks will give you a much better result not only in the eating quality, but also on your pocket.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 150ml of water
- 150ml of dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g of frozen peas
- salt and black coarse pepper
- 12-14 seedless white grapes
- 125ml of double cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan add the drumsticks and brown well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When browned remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes to brown slightly.
- Place the drumsticks back in the pan, add the water, wine and stock cube then bring to the boil and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Place the pan in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes. To test if cooked, carefully insert a knife into the thickest part of the meat and if there is no trace of blood then they are cooked.
- Carefully lift out the drumsticks and keep them warm.
- Add the frozen peas, then boil the stock for a minute or two to thicken slightly.
- Add the cream and bring back to the boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grapes and the chicken and warm through.