- 400g net weight eye of fresh pork loin, trimmed of all skin and fat
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 banana
- Maple Syrup
- For the Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp fruit sugar (fructose)
- 60g self raising flour, sieved
- 100mls skimmed milk, approx
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp grape seed or safflower oil
- For the Banana, cut into long strips and cook at the same time as the bacon.
- Cut the pork into 6 thin slices, a sharp knife is very important here.
- Mix the salt and sugar together, then liberally spread over all the slices on both sides and leave for 10 minutes.
- When ready, rinse well in cold water and pat dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in non-stick frying pan and gently cook for a couple miutse each side.
For the Pancakes:
- Place the egg and white in a deep bowl, add the sugar and flour, and half the milk.
- Mix well with a whisk, this way ensures a smooth, lump free batter.
- Add enough milk, until you have a thick batter. Finally add the blueberries and stir in.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Spoon into 4 lightly oiled silver rings, cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Lift off the semi set pancake and flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked.
- To serve, place two pancakes on a warm plate top with the bacon slices and sauté banana. Finally drizzle 2 tsp maple syrup over and serve.