I know this looks like a simple recipe, but like all simple great things quality is very important. Good quality sausages is very important, and also dry cure, BRITISH bacon is the only thing for this recipe. I allow 2 sausage rolls per person.
- 16 pork chipolata sausages
- 16 rashers streaky, dry cure, smoked BRITISH bacon
- 55g melted butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Pre heat the grill, not too hot.
- Brush each rasher of bacon with the honey butter, then wrap the bacon around the chipolatas and sit them on the cut end of the bacon to stop then unrolling.
- Pack into a greased baking dish and brush with melted honey butter.
- Grill until cooked and golden, about 15 minutes, turn once only.