- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 4 medium Bramley apples, peeled cored and chopped roughly
- 150g Medjool dates, stoned and chopped into 8 small pieces
- 200mls pomegranate syrup
- 400mls cider vinegar
- 400g soft brown sugar
- Heat the oil and add the onions, ginger, garlic and curry paste ans cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the apples, dates, syrup, vinegar and brown sugar and warm until the sugar has dissolved. Stir occasionally to the boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once boiling cook until thick and well reduced.
- Pot into sterilised jars seal and cool.