0.0/5 rating (0 votes)
Try baking a batch of these cookies with the kids - so easy and quick to make. The dough keeps really well un-baked in the freezer for those emergency cookie moments!"
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 170g tube Carnation Condensed Milk (or half a 397g can)
- 200g (7oz) oats
- 150g (5½oz) self raising flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 150g (5½oz) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the condensed milk. Mix in the oats and flour and cinnamon, then work in the raisins.
- Break off pieces of cookie dough, about the size of a golf ball, roll them into balls and place them onto baking trays, allowing about 4cm (1½") in between each cookie.
- Pat the cookies down slightly and bake for 15 minutes until pale golden. Leave to set slightly on the tray.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy with a cup of coffee. Your house will be filled with a sweet spiced aroma that will be hard for all the family to resist.