- 320g sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 95g pesto
- 460g jar roasted peppers, drained
- 150g pitted black olives
- 2 large courgettes, cut into ribbons
- 50g pinenuts
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- to finish:
- 200g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 75g soft goats’ cheese or a cheese of your choice (optional)
- garlic mayonnaise, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / Gas 6. Roll out the pastry as thinly as possible then dock with a fork.
- Spread on the pesto, leaving a 2-3cm clear edge all around the pastry.
- Roughly chop the peppers and olives together and evenly spread over the pastry. Arrange the courgette ribbons over the peppers then sprinkle over the pinenuts, drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place assembled tart in the oven and cook for 35 - 45 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, dot over the tomatoes, cheese, if using and sprinkle over the fresh basil. If liked, return to the oven for approximately 5 minutes to warm the tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Serve with garlic mayonnaise.