- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20-25 mins
- Ready in: 10 mins
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 frozen lobsters defrosted 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 pots chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- Pinch chilli powder, optional
- Boil the potatoes until cooked then strain and cool in cold water, strain again.
- Mix up the mayonnaise, ketchup, pepper, chives and a little vinegar to taste.
- Pull the claws from the lobster and also the knuckles.
- Place the defrosted lobster onto a chopping board, using a sharp knife cut in half straight through the centre of the lobster from one end to the other.
- Remove the tail carefully, then slice in half, remove the flesh from inside the body and discard, then rinse under cold water.
- Crack the claws carefully with the back of a knife and remove the claw whole, if possible and also the flesh from the knuckle joint.
- Mix half the cocktail dressing with the cooked potatoes, then spoon into the 8 half shells evenly, into the tail and body cavity.
- Lay the sliced in two tail section, then the claw in the body cavity.
- Repeat and chill well until ready to serve.
- This sauce is perfect with prawns or crab.
- Shop bought potato salad can also be substituted.
- For a vegetarian option, hard boil eggs, set on the potato salad and top with sauce.
- Thick yogurt is also a good alternative to mayonnaise for a lighter version.