I really like simple flavour combinations like this. Late summer blackberries set in a chilled lemony custard really can't be beaten.
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- finely grated zest of 3 lemons
- 300ml (½pt) water
- 150ml carton whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- 250g (9oz) fresh blackberries
- To Serve
- chopped zest of a lemon
- icing sugar
- Place the condensed milk, lemon zest and water in a saucepan, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk into the egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat to thicken slightly.
- Allow to cool a little, then stir in the cream.
- Arrange the blackberries in the base of four serving pots or cups.
- Pour the custard over the blackberries to partially cover, then chill well in the refrigerator.
- Finish with a sprinkle of lemon zest and icing sugar.