You know when Spring has arrived when the Jersey Royals appear on the shelves. Lovely!
- 650g Jersey Royal cooked potatoes (either pot roasted or boiled)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, de seeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, de seeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 small onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small courgettes, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 aubergine cut into 1cm pieces
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 12 baby plum tomatoes cut into half
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and re-boil.
- One by one place all the vegetables starting with the peppers into the water and re-boil for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water.
- After all the vegetables are blanched make sure to drain very well, probably best to drain then place on kitchen paper.
- Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan or better still wok and add the onions and cook for 3 minutes until they take a little colour, add the peppers and stir fry again for 3 minutes.
- Tip into a bowl and keep warm then add the rest of the olive oil, heat again then add the courgette and aubergine and brown slightly but do not overcook.
- Add the garlic, basil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked onions and peppers then the warm potatoes and finally the tomatoes, warm through quickly.