Originally, Russian-style pancakes, Blinis make excellent party food _ or even a starter. The combination of tastes ensure they're incredibly moreish. And all prepared in ten minutes!
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200ml cold semi-skimmed milk
- Vegetable oil
- 125g fillet Aldi hot smoked salmon
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped rocket
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg, mustard and about ¾ of the milk.
- Mix to a smooth batter, this should resemble a very thick cream consistency.
- Add a little more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan with a couple of teaspoons of oil.
- Spoon in the mixture in teaspoon size amounts and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook until the top starts to bubble and is just set.
- Flip over carefully and cook for a further 1 minute, then cool.
- Break the salmon up in a small bowl. (Don't make the pieces too small, though).
- Add the mayonnaise, rocket and finally the tomatoes.
- Carefully fold together, so the tomatoes do not break up.
- Pile the mixture onto the small blinis and serve.