This recipe is amazing for bringing out the flavour of the pork. A simple brine, and a few minutes can make all the difference to the succulence of pork, chicken and turkey. Make up the brine, and then cool. Add the pork chops and leave for 30 minutes, pat dry, oil and cook on the bar b, taste the difference!!!!
- 6 x 140g pork chops
- French trimmed and rind scored
- for the brine:
- 30g castor sugar
- 15g salt
- 300mls cold water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 500g new potatoes, cooked and warm doused well in salted melted butter.
- 300g fine green beans, drizzled with olive oil
- Pre heat the grill, and brush the brined chops with a little oil on both sides.
- Grill carefully for 5-6 minutes on each side, then when just cooked, finally brush with the maple syrup olive oil mixture and glaze nicely.
- Take care as they will catch very easily, due to the maple syrup.
- Serve with the beans and the potatoes.