Try as I may, I still have not found a recipe to beat this one.
- 50g chopped fresh mint, roughly
- 6-7 white sugar cubes
- 100mls cider vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 medium orange
- 4 leaves gelatine, soaked in cold water, optional
- Rub the outer skin of the orange with all the sugar cubes, so they take on the oily zest.
- Place in a stainless steel saucepan. Add the vinegar and salt then dissolve.
- Bring to the boil, add the chopped mint and remove from the stove to cool and serve with roast lamb.
- You can add 2 leaves of soaked gelatine to the finished hot sauce to make jelly.