It’s finally time to dust off the BBQ, remove the rain covers and get down to some good old summer cooking in the garden. Obviously, I say this with the caveat that these rubs, glazes and pesto’s all work great from the oven as well.
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tsp soft light brown sugar, broken up well
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp table salt
- Just mix well, and then pat onto peeled, defrosted freshwater prawns (bigger the better) or any other fish.
- Brush the fish lightly with a little beaten egg white so the rub sticks well, then grill on lightly oiled bars.