Ice cream also works well in this trifle, making it a sundae.
- 500g strawberries, halved
- 100g Choceur white chocolate
- 200g crunchy top lemon cake
- 1cm cubed
- 1 small glass sherry
- 1 carton ready to serve custard
- 1 pint double cream, lightly whipped
- 10 strawberries, stalk still on
- Place 6 large glasses on a board.
- Place a few strawberries into the bottom of each glass, about half the total.
- Add half of the lemon cake.
- Pour over a little sherry, then top with 1/6 of the custard.
- Add a few more strawberries, the rest of the cake and the last of the custard.
- Top each trifle with an equal amount of whipped cream.
- Add 2 (4 pieces) halved strawberries to each trifle, sprinkle over the finely grated chocolate and serve.