Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 25-30 mins
- Syrupjuice of 3 large lemons
- 100g (4oz) icing sugar
- Place the 50g sugar into a non stick frying pan and melt to a light caramel.
- Cut the clementines into half, and place uncut side down into the hot caramel.
- Place the eggs, sugar, almonds, milk, lemon zest, salt together and whisk well.
- Add the flour and then the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the batter over the bubbling caramel and clementines.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes of until light golden brown and well risen.
- Turn out immediately.
- To make the syrup, boil the lemon juice and water together for 1 minute.
- Pour over the cake when still warm.
- Eat hot with custard or cold as an upside down cake with thick pouring cream.