This dish uses a dry lager like Asahi, it really complements the salmon well. This is cooked over direct heat, so that means heat underneath. Just cook until the salmon is just cooked, turn off the heat, open the clear plastic film and tear back the foil, serve straight from the foil.
- 6 x 140g organic salmon fillet portions, skin on
- 200mls Asahi Japanese lager (dry)
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 lemon
- cut into 4 large wedges
- freshly milled black pepper
- re heat the bar b q to about ¾ heat setting.
- Pack the salmon fillets into the bag or foil, skin side down.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the basil leaves lemon wedges and the lager.
- Seal well and place the packet onto the bar-b-q or, into the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, do not over cook. The salmon should be slightly undercooked.
- Remember, the fish will continue to cook once removed from the heat source, so slightly undercook.
- Serve straight from the packet with paprika sour cream