Pork chops brushed with a deliciously simple spicy sauce, made from mustard, ketchup and honey. This dish can be grilled or baked, served with potato wedges and roasted spicy carrots _ nice and mild.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp squeezy honey
- pinch or two of salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- frozen potato wedges
- Roasted Spicy Carrots
- 500g Chantenay carrots
- fresh red chilli, medium heat
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the grill to medium setting.
- Place the mustard, ketchup, brown sauce, sugar, honey, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Place the pork chops onto a chopping board, then nick the fat with a sharp knife at 1cm intervals.
- Place the chops onto a non-stick baking tray, spoon over half the sauce.
- Turn and spoon over the rest of the sauce. Lightly grill on one side for 7-8 minutes.
- Carefully turn over, and grill the other sides for 7-8 minutes or until well-browned - but not black!
- Take care to keep an eye on them - given the amount of sugar and honey involved, they can burn quickly.
- Serve with roasted spicy carrots (recipe below) and potato wedges.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Toss the carrots with the oil and finely chopped chilli, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until well-browned .
- Serve with the pork chops.