Chocolate swirl smothered in chocolate custard ... what a way to go. Here's one for any sweet tooth. A swirl of hot chocolate baked pudding, laced with double cream and buried under bitter and milk chocolate custard. Wow! Serve it with or without ice cream ... depending on whether you want to be able to stand up afterwards!
- 1 pint double cream
- 1 pint semi-skimmed milk
- 100g Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 free-range eggs
- 75g castor sugar
- Luxury dairy vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C, gas mark 3.
- Place the cubes of cake into an ovenproof square dish, roughly 24cm long by 4-5cm deep.
- To make the custard, add the cream and milk to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate into a bowl.
- Once the cream and milk are boiling, carefully pour onto the broken chocolate and whisk well.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a second bowl and whisk together. Then pour on the hot chocolate, milk and cream mixture and strain well through a sieve. Pour over the cubed cake.
- Place the dish into a deep metal baking tray, then fill the baking tray with boiling water until halfway up the dish.
- Lightly oil a piece of foil and cover the Death by Chocolate lightly, then carefully pop into the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until just set and wobbly. Carefully remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Serve in deep bowls, with a large ball of luxury dairy vanilla ice cream.