Makes: enough for a 5kg turkey
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
- 500g Sausage Meat
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 small glass brandy, optional
- 55g (2oz) ground almonds
- 125g packet of dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 6-8 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the brandy and reduce, careful if you have a gas stove as the Brandy may ignite.
- Cook until the brandy has all been reduced.
- Add the sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon off the heat, place in a bowl, then cool slightly.
- Next add the cranberries, ginger, thyme, and egg and mix well together, add salt and pepper and enough breadcrumbs to stiffen up the stuffing, do not make it too dry. Cool.
- Stuff the turkey.