Sounds like a fairly odd combination but works very well indeed, all you need is a touch of raw onion to give the whole thing a lift. Quick, simple and tasty that just about sums up outdoor food. If you come across a yellow courgette then use one of each colour. However, for some reason they are always double the price of the plain green variety. Why this is I'm not sure, but they can be horrendously expensive.
- 280g Cooked pasta bows
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- shelled and cut into ½s
- 1 Small red onion, peeled and cut into fine rings
- 2 Large courgettes, cut into chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbspn Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbspn Olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Neat a little olive oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the courgettes and sauté until they have a little colour, do not overcook.
- Add the garlic just at the end to soften, any earlier and it will burn.
- When cooked place in a large bowl, and add the cooked pasta bows and red onion and mix well season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and eggs and carefully fold together, season with a little lemon juice and 2 tbspn of olive oil.
- Mix well and cover leave to marinate for 1 hour, that's it.