Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 35-40 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, heaped
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped very finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 3 Cox apples, peeled and cored and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100cc Cider vinegar
- 300mls cold water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the cumin and nutmeg and stir around in the hot oil to release their wonderful aroma, but do not burn.
- Next add the onions and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes finally add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the cranberries and apples, sugar and some salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the vinegar and cold water and bring to the boil and turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
- When nearly all the liquid has evaporated, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the olive oil and leave to cool.
- Its as simple as that.