Delicious soft and moist muffins with wonderful sticky pockets of caramel running through ...
- 250g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (3½oz) light soft brown sugar
- 40g (1½oz) cocoa powder
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150ml (½pt) milk
- 5tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- You will also need a 12 hole muffin tin
and muffin cases or 12cm square pieces
of greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F or Gas Mark 5.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, without beating.
- Drop spoonfuls of the Carnation Caramel into the mixture, gently swirl through, but don't mix it in inch“ its nice to see little pockets of caramel bubbles in the finished muffins.
- Place muffin cases in the tin or push and fold the greaseproof paper squares into the tin. Spoon the mixture into the cases until quite full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and eat whilst still warm. Microwave cold muffins in the microwave for 10 seconds for best results.