Cook this tasty family meal for as little as £4.74
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced on a long diagonal
- 50g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 200g cooked chicken, pork or turkey
- 400g beansprouts
- 100g mangetout, sliced (or frozen green beans)
- 4 tbsp reduced-sugar ketchup
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 egg noodle nests (or rice or wholemeal noodles), cooked
- Heat half the oil in a wok over a high heat, then add half the onions, ginger, garlic and peppers. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until they take on a little colour.
- Add half the meat, beansprouts and mangetout and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add half the ketchup, oyster sauce and soy sauce with a touch of water. Heat through for a few minutes, then finally add half the noodles and stir through.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, then mix together the two batches.