Crumbly and light-textured this is the ideal accompaniment to our lemon posset!
- 25g (8oz) plain flour
- 115g (4oz) cornflour
- 225g (8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar
- 55g (2oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 12 green cardamoms
- Sieve the flour and cornflour together.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Split open the cardamom pods and place the seeds into a pestle and mortar and grind to a powder. Add the cardamom powder to the butter and sugar mixture along with the flour and cornflour and then knead well to make a dough.
- Shape into a ball then flatten and wrap in cling film. Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm (¼ inch) thick then use a 7cm (2¾ inch) diameter cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Place on the baking sheets then bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to a rack to cool completely.