Our squeezy version of Carnation Caramel is the ideal topping for pancakes - try this simple delicous recipe for fail-safe pancakes!
- Pancake batter:
- 100g (3½oz) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 250ml (9fl oz) full-fat milk
- 25g (1oz) butter, melted
- grated zest 1 large orange
- sunflower oil for frying (optional)
- a little butter for greasing
- 55g (2oz) pecans, lightly toasted
- juice 1 large orange
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 8tbsp Carnation Squeezy Caramel
- To make the pancake batter, beat the flour and the eggs together with a little of the milk, until smooth and then gradually add the rest of the milk.
- Heat a 20cm (8in) non-stick frying pan. Brush sparingly with a little oil and pour in a ladelful of the batter. Immediately swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin even layer. Cook until golden around the edge and dry in the centre, about 45 seconds. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for a further 15 seconds. Turn out onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Preheat a grill to medium or turn the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish. Fold the pancakes into eighths and arrange in the dish. Scatter over the pecans and the orange juice. Sprinkle over a little caster sugar. Place under a medium grill or in the oven for about 5 minutes until the pancakes are heated through and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the heat. Warm the Carnation Caramel in a small pan or microwave and serve at once.