Even the kids will try this, iit must be the slightly sweeter angle, they really are tasty, but you must drain the sprouts well!!!!!!
- 700g sprouts, tightly closed and brilliant green, trimmed
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2 level tsp Madras curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 small shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the sprouts in plenty of boiling water, until soft in the centre, about 10 minutes. They need to be slightly over cooked I think.
- Or place into a medium sized bowl, add salt, pepper and 200mls water. Cover with film, make a couple of small holes and microwave for 5 minutes. Check and see if cooked, if not re cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cool under cold water then drain really well. This can be done a few hours before.
- Then you come to serve, there is only one way to warm them up, pop them in the microwave.
- Warm the oil and add the shallot and cook for 1 minute to soften, then add the curry paste cook for a further 1 minute, then cool.
- To serve, warm the sprouts, tip off any water, then stir in the curry and shallots, crème fraiche, chutney and finally chopped coriander.