Eat before midnight!!!!
- 135g packet red jelly cubes
- 12 leaves platinum grade gelatine (20g)
- Large watermelon
- 3 apples
- Small piece of cucumber
- Long jelly string sweets
- Make up the jelly according to the packet instructions
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water until soft. Heat 1 litre water in a pan until hot \(but not boiling\). Add the softened gelatine and stir until completely dissolved. Stir into the red jelly and mix together. Allow to cool.
- Cut a lid from the watermelon – leave about 4cm intact at each end and cut about 1/3 – ¼ of the way down \- then scoop out the watermelon flesh
- Peel the apples. Take one apple and, using a small sharp knife, cut out slots for the face making eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cut small pieces of cucumber to make ‘eyes’ to fill the eye slots and push into position
- Cut the second apple to make pieces to form the legs and arms and fix in to position using cocktail sticks on to the third apple. Make a small hole through the centre of the ‘body’ and poke the end of the jelly string through it securely so it stays in position.
- Push 3 or 4 cocktail sticks in to the bottom of the watermelon, then carefully position the apples on top of them to form the alien
- Use a small sharp knife to make a small hole in the side of the watermelon and thread the other end of the jelly string through it. Chill until set.