- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Ready in: 5 mins
- oil for deep frying
- 60ml/4 tbsp Cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Medium egg whites
- Chilli dipping sauce to serve
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180°C/350°F.
- Use a knife to slice SPAM® into about 18 thin strips.
- Place half the cornflour on a plate. Place the remaining cornflour in a small bowl with the egg whites and 60ml/4 tbsp cold water. Lightly whisk until just frothy.
- When the oil is hot, dip the strips of SPAM® a few at a time first in the cornflour, then in the frothy egg mix. Drop into the hot oil and fry for 2 mins or until pale golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining SPAM® and batter.
- Serve immediately with chilli dipping sauce.