Who says Gluten Free is limiting!
- 500g pork loin fillet, no fat or silver sinew, cut into 8-10 slices across the fillet say 1cm thick
- 1/2 medium egg white
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, de seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, de seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, very finely sliced
- 2-3 tbsp rhubarb compote (see recipe)
- 2 tsp any vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the peppers and onion into a saucepan with a pinch of salt, cover with water and bring
- to the boil, immediately strain leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg white and cornflour together briefly with a pinch of salt, then add the pork and mix well.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped pork slices and fry for 1 minute on each side, then, remove from the pan.
- Add the last 2 tbsp of vegetable to the pan and sauté over a high heat the cooled, drained peppers for 3-4 minutes, or until softened and coloured.
- Add the pork back to the pan and add 2-3 tbsp of the rhubarb compote, vinegar and season well with salt and pepper, then and warm the pork through.