Kedgeree is a marvellous dish and a great old English favourite. This is a twist on the classic recipe - simple and so tasty.
- 3 x 200g sachets gluten-free microwaveable plain boiled rice
- 115g butter
- 225g baby button mushrooms halved
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 450g fresh white crab meat
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- Warm the rice in the microwave on High for 2 minutes. Heat half the butter in a
- non-stick wok, then warm the rest in a separate pan. Add the mushrooms to the wok
- and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, crab meat and parsley and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a separate non-stick wok, heat the oil. Add the beaten egg and cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until the egg is scrambled.
- Add the warmed rice to the crab mixture and mix well. Then add the egg to the rice,
- Stir well and season.
- Finally, stir in the remaining melted butter and serve.