Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 400g fresh fine green beans, stalk ends removed,tail still on
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (gluten-free)
- 1 level tsp caster sugar
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 further tsp olive oil, for frying
- 2 pots of fresh chives, chopped
- 400g sliced smoked salmon
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- Cook the green beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and cool under cold running water, so they keep their brilliant green colour, then really drain well.
- Mix together the mustard and sugar then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in the vinegar then gradually whisk in the 6 tsp extra virgin olive oil in a thin stream so they are fully incorporated.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary, then add the green beans and chives and stir well.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with a dash of olive oil until the oil just begins to smoke.
- Add the slices of salmon, one at a time, and flash fry for 2-3 seconds on one side then lift out.
- Do not overcook as the uncooked side must stay undercooked.
- Pile the green beans onto plates, add the cherry tomatoes evenly and top with the salmon.