A great sweet treat for those cold bonfire nights.
- 350g (12oz) butter or margarine
- 225g (8oz) black treacle
- 450g (1lb) dark brown sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- Grease a 23 x 30.5cm (9 x 12 inch) baking tin
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Add the treacle, sugar and milk.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring constantly to a temperature of 132°C (270°F), using a sugar thermometer.
- Pour into the tin. Chill until set, turn out and break into pieces using a rolling pin or hammer.