Very Chocolaty Cupcake Mix Catering Pack
Baking delicious gluten-free cupcakes just got easier thanks to Phil Vickery Seriously Good!™ Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cupcake Mix from Squires Kitchen. Just follow the simple recipe on the pack for rich and chocolaty cupcakes that are just as delicious as traditional recipes.
Makes 36 large cupcakes that are rich, chocolaty and gluten free
1 x chocolate cupcake mix (topping not included)
You will need:
450g softened butter or dairy-free margarine, 6 medium eggs, 60ml (4tbsp) water, 36 foil cupcake cases or baking cups, muffin baking tin (deep)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
- Beat the softened butter or dairy-free margarine until creamy. A hand-held electric whisk is recommended for this.
- On a slow speed, gradually add alternate amounts of the dry cake mix, eggs and water. The quantity of water needed will vary with the ingredients: 3–4tbsp until you have a soft batter.
- Whisk only for a few seconds until evenly mixed. Overbeating may cause the batter to become sticky and the cake less light.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between cupcake cases in the tin and level the tops.
- Bake near the centre of the preheated oven for approximately 20–25 minutes until the surface is golden and springs back to the touch. Allow to cool.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on a wire cooling rack until cold.
- Baking times may vary depending on your oven: adjust the time and temperature accordingly.
- Enjoy these cakes when fresh, or wrap and freeze the cold cakes.
- Serving suggestions:
- When cold, top with chocolate ganache or buttercream.
- This mixture will also make 20cm (8’’) sponge cake with three layers. Divide the mixture evenly between 3 oiled and lined tins that are 20cm (8’’) x 4cm (1’’) deep.
- Once opened, use the whole pack. Store unopened pack in a dry, gluten-free area.
- May contain traces of nuts.
- This product has less than 20ppm gluten and is classed as Gluten Free. We have limited the use of gluten ingredients to certain areas of our factory and at specific times within the production schedule. We have rigorous controls to minimize risks of cross contamination.
- Dietary information:
- Suitable for vegetarians.
GLUTEN-, WHEAT- AND DAIRY-FREE
- Shelf-life from manufacture
- 9 months from production subject to storage conditions.
- Silver matt foil standing pouch
Nutritional Values Per 100g (dry mix) Per baked cupcake
Energy (kJ/kcal) 382kcal/1600kJ 150kcal/629kJ Fat (g) 4.8g 6.5g Of which saturates (g) 2.8g 1.2g Carbohydrate (g) 79.3g 21.6g Of which sugars (g) 48.0g 15.8g Fibre (g) 3.2g 0.7g Protein (g) 4.0g 1.0g Salt (mg) 0.0g 0.0g
- Ingredients: Flour Blend (Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Maize, Buckwheat); Soft Light Brown Sugar; Dark Chocolate Flakes 6.5% (Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: Sunflower Lecithin); Cocoa Powder; Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum; Raising Agents: Mono Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate. Dark chocolate contains cocoa solids 70% minimum.