- (Oct 2013)
- Succulent Pot Roasted Pork Belly With Apples, Celery and Cider
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Ready in: 2 hours in total, probably less.
- 650g (roughly) of belly pork in 1 piece, rind removed
- 2 tbsp oil, any will do
- 1 small glass strong pork or chicken stock
- 1 small glass dry cider
- 2 large onions VERY finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, again chopped
- few sage leaves
- 4 large sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large Bramley apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 100g chorizo or any spicy sausage, chopped roughly, optional
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a non stick frying pan.
- Season the pork with a little salt, then gently flour, dusting off the excess.
- Place the pork into the hot oil and butter and cook over a moderate heat for 5-6 minutes all over, do not overcook.
- They will be nicely browned and golden, remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the peppercorns, and vinegar and swill around the pan, the vinegar will evaporate mostly, then add the yellow bean sauce, heat through.
- Stir in the cream and re boil, then add the parsley.
- Season with a little sugar and salt should be okay though.
- Slice the pork and coat with the sauce.
“A wonderful book, with mouth-watering recipes. It's everything you want to know
about one of the world's favourite staples.” -KEN HOM