A perfectly well-balanced salad that's easy to prepare and makes delicious lunchbox food.
- 500g cherry or small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 300g gluten-free pasta shapes
- small bunch of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line a roasting dish with foil.
- Remove the stalks from the tomatoes and place in the lined dish. Mix the garlic slices in with the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes until the skins begin to colour.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Crush the tomatoes with a fork, drop in the basil leaves and stir. Add the tomato mixture and all the cooking juices to the pasta. Season with black pepper. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with cheese, if using, to serve.