This pastry is much easier to roll out, and acts almost like the real thing. You may get a little cracking, but hardly any. You can line flans and tarts now using the normal way of rolling out pastry.
- 225g Gluten Free Flour Mix A (see below)
- pinch of Gluten Free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum gum
- 2 pinches salt
- 110g block Stork margarine
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- cold water
- Place the flour, salt and margarine into a bowl and really mix well.
- Rub in well until you have fine breadcrumbs. I tend to take the lazy route and use a food processor.
- Add the egg and a little water and really mix well.
- Keep an eye on the texture, you may need to add a little more water so its nice and soft.
- Bear in mind the gum will tighten up the mixture considerably.
- Roll out and use.