Crème Brûlées comes in all kinds of guises these days, most of which I don't really care for much. Having said that, there's always one exception that disproves the rule and this is it - grown up, sophisticated and truly divine!
- 200g ready-made custard
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- 125g créme fraîche
- 25g caster sugar
- 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar, for glazing
- Put the custard, mascarpone, crème fraiche and sugar together into a large bowl and whisk together, gently, until the mixture thickens.
- Divide the raspberries evenly into the small ramekins and then carefully spoon the creamy mixture onto the raspberries. Tap the dish to flatten and chill well for about two hours.
- To finish, carefully sprinkle a couple of teaspoonfuls of caster sugar over each one and place briefly under a hot grill to caramelise: if you have a cook’s blow torch, simply glaze the tops.
- Serve as quickly as possible.