This dough is too soft to shape on a tray so they are baked in a muffin tin.
- 400g GF White Bread Flour Blend (page 15), plus extra for dusting, or use the quantities below:
- 70g GF brown rice flour
- 70g GF white rice flour
- 140g potato starch
- 60g GF tapioca flour/ starch
- 60g cornflour
- 2 level teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 7g Gluten-Free fast-action dried yeast
- 150mI warm milk
- 150ml warm water
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for glazing
- Lightly oil and flour a 12-hole muffin tin. if using mini loaf tins, the dough makes 8-10, depending on the size of the loaf tins used (see tip below).
- In a bowl, measure the flour, xanthan gum, salt, sugar and yeast, and mix well until evenly combined.
- Add the warm milk, water, eggs, vinegar and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil to
a large bowl if you're using a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Tip the flour mixture into the bowl and beat on low to start then on high for about 3 minutes to form a soft, smooth and sticky dough. It will resemble a thick cake
mixture more than a bread dough and will drop slowly from the beater. If it seems a little dry, add a touch more water.
- Divide the dough between the muffin holes and spread using the back of a wet spoon or fingers to smooth the tops. The holes should be about two-thirds
full, with about 100g of dough in each one. Score the tops and coat them with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil and set aside while you preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas mark 6.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely browned on top. If you take one of the rolls out of the tin and tap the bottom it should sound 'hollow'.