This pasta needs to be cooked while fresh because if it dries outit gets brittle and shatters. It will roll well with a simple rolling pin,but knead well first. You could make it into noodles using a pastamachine or by hand.
- 160g Gluten-Free fine white rice flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60g GF custard power (check, some are not)
- 20g cornflour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 level teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- Place the rice flour, custard powder, cornflour, salt and xanthan gum into a food-processor. Pulse for a few seconds to incorporate well. Add the oil, eggs and yolks along with 3 tablespoons of cold water, and pulse until you have nice firm dough.
- Remove from the processor and knead on a lightly dusted surface to bring the dough together. Cover with cling film and chill for 10 minutes.
- Knead again for about 30 seconds, then roll out on a dusted work surface until the dough is nice and thin. Cut and shape it as desired.
- Cook straight away in plenty of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Strain this pasta well once cooked and rinse with a little boiling water. This removes any excess starch or rolling-out flour. If you don't, it can leave a gummy mouthfeel when eaten. It can be dried for storage, but it is prone to shattering.