- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped basil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes well and place in the oven, cook for 1 hour or until soft and with crunchy skins.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic and cook over a low to soften.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half lengthways, spoon the hot potato into a bowl. Keep the skins intact.
- Add the onions and garlic to the potatoes add a little salt and pepper and mix carefully, do not puree.
- Spoon the mixture back into the shells piling nice and high.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and then return to the oven or grill until lightly browned.