- 2 x cooked discs shortbread to fit into the tin or ring
- 1 can condensed milk
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- juice and zest of 3 large lemons
- 450g fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2-3 tbsp strawberry jam
- Grease and base line a 20cm tin or deep flan ring.
- Place 1 sheet of shortbread into the bottom.
- Beat together the condensed milk and mascarpone cheese until completely smooth.
- Cut enough strawberries in half to arrange, cut side out and place against the ring or tin.
- Chop the rest and add to the mascarpone and milk mix.
- Add the lemon juice and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon into the ring and cover the strawberries. Spread out nice and smoothly.
- Chill for 4 hours, minimum.
- Once chilled, place the other shortbread disc on top and press down lightly.
- Lift out carefully and dust heavily with icing sugar.