It’s essential that the oven, tray and oil are very hot to get the initial lift. The end result is very light fluffy pud, that is cooked through. It will not be as high as a normal Yorkie but pretty close. I use a 12-hole muffin tin but only fill them half full or just under, as this allows them to rise, and hold their shape.
- 4 medium eggs, at room temp
- 568ml (1 pint) milk
- 225g (8 oz) plain flour
- pinch salt
- For the Filling
- 225g clotted cream
- Jar Little Scarlet strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6.
- Into a bowl, place the flour, eggs and ½ the milk and mix to a smooth batter, then add the rest of the milk - do not season until you are ready to cook.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to each muffin tins and pop into the oven on a baking tray.
- After the 10 minutes remove the Yorkshire pudding tin from the
- Pour the Yorkshire pudding batter into the preheated tin and immediately
- return to the oven, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then turn reduce the heat to 180C, Gas 4.
- Cook the Yorkshire pudding until well risen and golden brown, around 40 minutes, when you think they are ready allow up to 10 more minutes.
- Cook as above then cool slightly.
- Fill the base with cream then top with jam.
- Dust well with icing sugar and serve.