Wrap up Halloween with these delicious pumpkin pies
- 750g ready rolled short crust pastry
- 500g roasted mashed pumpkin
- 175g strong cheddar, grated
- 100g roasted pumpkin seeds
- dash of vinegar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Roll out half the pastry nice and thin, then cut out 12 large circles to fill a shallow non-stick 12 hole baking tray. Then chill well.
- Mix the pumpkin, cheese, seeds, salt, pepper and vinegar well.
- Roll the rest of the pastry and cut into 1/2cm thin strips.
- Lightly egg the rim of the pastry.
- Lay a few strips sticking to the rim of the pastry circles.
- Spoon in the pumpkin and then flatten slightly.
- Fold over the strips loosely to look like a mummy.
- The repeat with the other 11.
- Once done brush with beaten egg and slide 2 currants, to resemble eyes into the strips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, then cool